Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Responsible for driving the growth, strategy and sale of AECOM's services along with the delivery of high quality margin from projects within the Transportation business line in W. Canada/Toronto.
Works in conjunction with the Metro Executive, Geography Business Line Executive, Geography Market Sector and Account Management Leaders to grow profitable business to ensure financial success of the Metro by developing and implementing strategic growth plans. Provides industry leadership across all market sectors in the Transportation business line, and leads the sales planning process for the business line across the Metro. Oversees development of capture strategies and direct pursuits of profitable business. May also represent the company in municipal, provincial, state, and federal group forums. Provides guidance and coaching to business development, market sector, account management and other Metro sales support staff. Is a member of the Metro Management Team, focused on optimizing the overall performance of the Metro. Leads and supports the AECOM HSE program to ensure our employees remain safe while performing their assignments. Responsible for oversight of W. Canada/Toronto Profit & Loss.
- Customize the national Business Line strategy for the Metro and Area with the Metro Executive and Area General Manager/Area Business Unit Leader inputs, taking into account unique local insights and variations
- Liaise with National Business Line Executive to apply the business line expertise & experience, and to bring national resources to local/regional projects
- Bring rigor and support to manage Go/No-Go decisions
- Develop and execute the strategic client development plan in coordination with Area Business Unit Leaders (ie, prioritized list of key relationships and marketing plan to engage them)
- Own, manage, and develop key clients/relationships while balancing those projects with local operational focus / AGM priorities (ie, regional or area priority clients)
- Coordinate inputs and support from other functional teams (eg, Marketing)
- Apply rigorous business development portfolio mgmt., tracking & optimizing BD budget to align with activities, projects, and time allocations
- Engage / intervene to address client satisfaction / quality issues
- Defines and mitigates risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process
- Cross Business Line / Business Unit coordination within geography
- Continuously interacts with clients assuring satisfaction with AECOM services and interacting with project delivery personnel to ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner
- Serves as an ambassador for AECOM
Area Business Unit Enablement
- Mentor Area Business Unit Leaders (ABULs) to focus on the key business development client relationships by providing BD portfolio management (ie, BD budget allocation, ROI analysis, training ABULs on BD/sales)
- Help prioritize / facilitate conversations with Area General Managers (AGMs) to balance ABUL work-load
- Actively manage & oversee strategic projects & milestones especially those that are BL priorities and could lead to additional work/upselling
- Share formal supervisory management of ABULs with AGMs
- Develop, mentor, grow and train the local business development resources and actively share in the people management responsibilities with ABULs and AGMs for these resources
- Load-share with ABULs to support the local Seller/Doer resources with direction, guidance, and mentorship to balance project delivery with a focus on the strategic client projects (to drive additional work & upselling)
- Conduct monthly reviews with AGMs and ABULs
- Engage with Metro Executive and AGMs on a regular basis for regional BD management
Consistently demonstrates AECOM Leadership competencies
- Ensures Unflinching Customer Focus - demonstrates deep customer insight, ensures a client driven culture, spearheads and supports market-focused solutions
- Ensures industry leadership - cultivates best in class professional expertise, supports continuous professional development culture, champions differentiated, integrated client solutions, builds on global reputation as industry leader
- Global Strategic Thinker - demonstrates keen strategic market insight, shapes organizational strategy to achieve long-term enterprise goals, influences market dynamics to favorably position AECOM, skillfully navigates rapidly changing business climates
- Leverages global/geography reach - drives integrated solutions, effectively balances geography/local capabilities and resources, consistently optimizes enterprise synergies, serves as a guardian of AECOM
- Enterprise Business Acumen - deploys world-class business practices, exerts enterprise-level influence, demonstrates cross-cultural business savvy
- Communicates Masterfully - builds broad and deep external networks, uses a full range of available communication mediums to inspire and engage others, demonstrates empathy, understanding and exceptional active listening skills, elicits feedback and encourages others to speak up
- Also demonstrates: Builds high performance organizations, is an architect of change, expands capability and capacity, drives flawless execution
Key Performance Indicators
Gross Revenue Bookings, Gross Revenue Backlog, Gross Margin, Gross Revenue Wins, pipeline, book-to-burn, BD ROI, Net Promoter Score
Dual report to National Business Line Executive and Metro Executive
Metro Market Sector Leads, Metro Account Managers, (with Geography Account Managers), Area Business Unit Leaders (teamed with Area General Managers)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 15 years related experience including 8 years business development, operations management, Profit & Loss, and staff management
- Extensive experience in driving growth, developing strategy, generating sales and building high performance teams
- Strong track record of successful business performance
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a large, complex organization
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.