Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We create comprehensive delivery solutions for water, wastewater and wet weather systems, desalination, water resources, water reuse, tunneling, and community infrastructure through traditional and alternative delivery services such as program management and design-build.
AECOM's Markham office is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer /Project Manager for its Conveyance Group.
Responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
- Provide clear and focused leadership on all project functions related to project management, project control, engineering management, and construction management to meet the Clients' and AECOM's overall goals; projects will be from mid-size ($1M - $3M fees) to large (>$5M fees) multi-disciplinary Conveyance and Site Civil projects
- Effectively maintain and develop healthy client relationship throughout the project execution ad project close-out
- Create a team environment that supports AECOM's unflinching Client focus, where employees meet the expectations, requirements, and agreements of our Clients, and acts with them in mind
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with the Client as they arise
- Define project scope, goals, deliverables, and compliance requirements
- Develop detailed work breakdown structures
- Define project staffing and resource requirements in consultation with Department Managers
- Lead project team
- Plan and prepare accurate fee estimates to complete projects as well as baseline cash and financial performance indicators for future project control
- Manage planning and scheduling of project deliverables and the development of resource loaded schedules for design and contract administration services
- Define the project quality requirements
- Ensure compliance with AECOM's and the Client's quality policies and procedures
- Manage design team and develop an execution plan that allows work to be executed in logical sequences, monitors design activities, manages inter-discipline data flow and communication, and manages the introduction of design changes
- Identify and manage project risks to ensure impacts to AECOM and Client's are minimized
- Ensure strict compliance with the Client's and AECOM's safety policies and procedures
- Use a full range of available communication mediums to engage and solicit inputs from key stakeholders on each project
- Manage preparation of monthly updating of project schedule, costs and resources, and perform earned value management versus the baseline
- Effectively manage change control
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of engineering management reports and on-going status reports to our clients and AECOM's Senior Leadership at the District and Regional levels
- Consistently deliver on each project to achieve top-tier industry benchmarks for project financial performance and all aspects of overall project delivery (quality control, risk management, profitability, invoicing, and cash collection)
- Provide mentoring of junior and intermediate project managers
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field
- 10 years of experience in municipal wet infrastructure design and site civil works, ideally in consulting engineering
- Experience managing medium and large projects and project teams, including other engineers, technicians and site workers
- Demonstrated experience in development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), scheduling and schedule analysis, cost estimating and cost control, budget development, reporting and record/document control
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong track record with major municipal clients in Ontario
- Proven business development track record in the Ontario Conveyance Market
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.