Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||141271BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Various||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:48|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
The Path Forward with AECOM
After years of study, you're looking for the path forward to a rewarding career with a company that provides opportunities to work on exciting projects and supports your ongoing professional development. This is AECOM.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at NA and @AECOM.
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Quantity Surveying students looking for a placement within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
• Commercial - new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
• Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
• Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
• Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
• Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
• Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
• Cost modelling and cost planning
• Value and Risk Analysis
• Life Cycle costing
• Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
• Compilation of contract documentation
• Attendance at site progress meetings
• Completion of Valuations
• Financial reporting
• Due Diligence reporting
• Review and management of change control procedures.
A Quantity Surveying Intern at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
• Must be enrolled in a Quantity Surveying (preferably RICS accredited) degree
• Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
• Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
• Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
• Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
• Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
• Professional manner
Recruiting into Altrincham, Aberdeen, Ashford, Basingstoke, Bedford, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Chelmsford, Croydon, Chesterfield, Dublin, Edinburgh, Exeter, Galway, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Maidstone, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Peterborough, Plymouth, Southampton, St. Albans, Swindon, Teesside, Warrington, Westlakes, and York.
As per the above requirements.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.