What is the purpose of this role?
Collection of data relating to safety and future improvements so as to safeguard the travelling public, client and Amey. Assist the Watchman team in all activities relating to inspections, including detailed asset condition & safety inspections. Working to specific requirements and reporting.
Undertake driven safety inspections and understand the characteristics of the Strategic Road Network.
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the collection of data relating to safety and future improvements so as to safeguard the travelling public, client and Amey.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure accurate and effective collation of data
- Carry out Safety Inspections in accordance to AMOR requirements as prescribed by Highwayâ€™s England.
- Carry out detailed condition inspections to assist in proactive treatment of the Strategic Road Network.
- Ensure contract compliance on data quality management issues.
- Comply with the relevant health and safety legislation
- Communication with third party claims team to provide evidence in the defence of third party claims.
- Assist with the establishment and implementation of a programme of inspections and investigations
- Assist with project administration as required.
- Record time accurately in project control systems.
- Liaise with the network control centre and operational teams to ensure planning and works are completed on time.
- Liaise with stakeholders and customers on the Strategic Network.
- Meet with customers on site to understand and inspect issues with the highways.
- Understand the implications of NRSWA.
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of Highways Inspection and Maintenance
- Understanding and experience of the high speed network.
- Full UK driving license
- Highways Safety Inspections C&G 6033 â€" Desirable.
- Personal Highwayâ€™s Safety â€" Desirable.
- Relevant Highways Maintenance Qualifications â€" Desirable