|Job Ref:||JSPRODMAN010||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 50,000 per year, bonus, pension, life assurance||Post Date:||10/10/2016 00:21|
Production Manager Position available working for a leading Automotive first tier supplier based in Birmingham. This position is a Permanent role offering a competitive salary and excellent career development opportunities.|
* Promote safety culture in its area of responsibilities
* Drive the SILS Centre in order to guarantee customer deliveries according to quality, costs and deadlines (Just In Sequenced)
* Represent the site next to the final customer for the logistics and quality points (first line contact)
* Define the appropriate actions plans and drive there setting up in the SILS.
Main Accountabilities: This position is responsible for delivering the following
* Ensure that safety policies are understood and respected within his area of responsibilities
* Ensure first line customer relationships (liaise daily with the customer's assembly and logistics teams, anticipate needs and expectations, solve daily issues)
* Ensure the fulfilment of the sequenced call-off: picking, assembly, packing, dispatch, transport and customer line feeding in compliance with the quality requirements
* Manage the smooth running of the SILS logistics (receiving, warehousing, picking replenishment, line feeding, transport SILS/customers, flows and stock optimization, inventory accuracy)
* Guarantee the SILS activity efficiency by monitoring KPI (see above) and related action plans. Support the Plant Logistics Manager in reaching plant KPI targets
* Improve the productivity of the SILS to meet World Class performance objectives
* Contribute to the TPM Supply-Chain Pillar (and/or to others) - Participate to workshops, kaizen...
* Manage his/her team to guarantee best skills and motivation (headcount, performance, communication, development)
* Set up all standards operating procedures related to his/her activity and continuously improve them
* Respect all customs and duty rules and maintains related documentation
* Deploy a sustainable 5S and visual management in the SILS
* For new products, participate to the validation and take over new assembly equipment. Support the project and technical teams in the definition of new assembly processes (lay out, labour skills, line balance). Make production resources available for trials and run at rate.
* During the industrial project phase set up all standards operating procedures related to his/her activity, build up indicators follow-up, recruit and train his/her team, validate logistics project scheme and deliverables , take part in manufacturing readiness and insure flawless product launch for his activities
Dedication to safety
Customer orientation / Team spirit / Decision making / Autonomy
Computer literacy (SAP, Excel)
TPM & Lean principles
Plant Quality and/or Logistics
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.