|Job Ref:||CA_37177||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||10/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
Quantity Surveyor required to support the A14 Improvement scheme Cambridge to Huntingdon.
Initially based in Bedford but moving to Swavesey in Autumn 2016.
Post holder will work within a commercial team in the delivery of all commercial functions and supporting Joint Venture partners.
• At least 5 years experience in civils
• Experience of working within JVs.
• Experience of working with Highways England.
• Working knowledge of NEC Target Cost contracts.
• Working knowledge of Highways England’s reporting process.
Contract Delivery Responsible for assisting in the effective commercial practices within a project ensuring: - Information is available for timely and accurate applications for payment. - Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures - Drafting of contractual correspondence - Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis - Budget preparation - Interim and Final account measurement – site measurement and drawing take off - Pricing and Rating variations and compensation events - Extension of Time - Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts - Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept - Maintenance of cost information. - Verification and agreement of Sundry Accounts - To assist in the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation - To assist in the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans Functional Management: -To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the effective organisation of everyone working directly for them.
Additional Role Information
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands