|Job Ref:||SME16-5815||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||City:||Saco||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Be part of our dedicated team located in Saco, ME! Our facility is located in southern Maine, near Portland, offering a New England lifestyle that includes beaches, fishing, hiking, professional sports (Boston), skiing, etc.|
The position is within our Production Control Department and the primary job responsibilities for the Sr. Production Scheduling Specialist / Planner include the following:
Production Schedule Management:
• Ensures MRP milestones are achieved on the required basis (hourly, daily or monthly).
• Manages material in concert with supporting functions to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Quality, Master Scheduling, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, etc. to ensure resources (personnel, equipment, etc.) and priorities are provided as needed.
• Proactively identifies and resolves potential problems due to resource (material availability, personnel, equipment, outside processing services, etc.) constraints or conflicts.
• Develops and communicates recovery plans if milestones cannot be met due to changes in material delivery, equipment availability or other issues.
• Use MRP systems as a tool - Exception messages; Material transfers; etc.
Work Order Management:
• Ensures material is available and issued to the work order in accordance with the production schedule.
• Executes and manages work order transactions (such as releases, updates, completion, scrap, stocking and shipping) in a timely manner.
• Ensures WIP and floor inventory objectives are met by using lean (such as KanBan) / local practices to release material to the production floor.
• Maintains system planning parameters (such as shrink and yield factors, lead-time, queue times and lot sizing, etc.) to facilitate better planning. Communicate changes and impact to the business.
• Participates in audits / cycle counts for production floor, stock and work-in-process [WIP] inventory.
• Troubleshoots causes and determines corrective actions for inventory inaccuracies.
• Reviews and recommends timing of incorporating Engineering Change Notice (ECN) into production. Ensures proper revision control is maintained.
Reporting and Communications:
• Tracks and monitors Production progress versus plan (update department metrics and visual boards).
• Advises Operations leadership and Program Management of the status of the work in progress and any potential problem that any adversely impact deliveries to the customer.
• Attends / Chairs meetings such as staff, program meetings/reviews, delivery performance reviews etc.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
H.S. Diploma or GED, prefer Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field.
Able to work well in a team environment and good problem solver.
Ability to work collaboratively with various functional groups, meet commitments, and act with integrity in all aspects of business.
Good communication (Oral and written) skills, time management, and organizational skills.
Quick learner, independent worker, self-motivated, positive attitude, and presents and communicates in a professional and constructive manner that positively reflects on our commitments to our customers and the company brand.
4-5 years in a MRP manufacturing environment.
Comprehensive understanding of Oracle functionality and MRP/MPS logic.
Must be able to work within a BATFE regulated facility.