Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
AECOM's Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM's Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is seeking a Sr. Estimating Manager to be based in the our Denver, CO location. The Sr. Estimating Manager will manage all activities related to estimating the elements of project cost (direct and indirect) including labor (manual and non-manual), materials and permanent equipment, supplies, consumables and expenses, construction equipment rental and operating costs, contingency, escalation, program risk, etc. Manage the estimating function for groups, regional locations and/or major projects.
- Management of cross-discipline applications including Electrical, Architectural/Civil/Structural, Mechanical, Systems Control, Estimating cornerstone application analysis, etc.
- Provide functional and administrative oversight of all estimating activities, including: estimate planning, preliminary project schedule, coordination of estimating activities, equipment and material take-off, costing, vendor and subcontractor quotations, calculating Return on Invested Capital (ROIC) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR), preparation of a basis of estimate, and leading estimate reviews.
- Implement estimating policy, procedures, and systems consistent with the company mission and competitive practices.
- Ensure systems are maintained and established guidelines are implemented for various types of estimates in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Analyze and review proposals to ensure potential profitability.
- Prepare budget and performance plan
- Support Company programs and institutes appropriate measures for employee development by mentoring and training staff.
- Maintain an adequate level of personnel, with appropriate levels of skills and training, to staff on-going estimating activities and meet project objectives.
- Set strategic and tactical direction with regard to systems, work force staffing, budgeting and maintaining technical performance excellence Participate in contract and change order negotiations and Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Prepare and maintain special reports and the report distribution list.
- Resolve differences between functional policies and practices, and project priorities and philosophies, ensuring project requirements are consistent with estimating techniques and goals.
- Assures quality archival of historical data (consistency, current, accurate, and complete).
- Responsible for managing the estimating function for a project or in a subsidiary home office or assists in the management of estimating assignments for a major program.
- Work directly with subcontractor to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution
- Responsible for budget preparation and performance plan.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Construction Management or related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum 12 years estimating experience.
- 10 or more year's experience preparing estimates for Department of Energy projects, particularly nuclear material processing and related waste products.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, particularly Table 15-2 requirements, Truth In Negotiations Act, and Cost Accounting Standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the impacts to craft labor productivities on Department of Energy sites.
- In depth knowledge of estimate impacts on typical Department of Energy projects from quality assurance programs and engineering and construction specifications.
- Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be US Citizens.
- Estimating experience with both new construction and upgrades to existing facilities at nuclear material handling and nuclear waste handling operations at Department of Energy locations.
- Direct interface experience with design engineering and construction project managers.
- Experience with WinEst and Hard Dollar estimating software systems.
- Understand the requirements for an adequate estimating system, and how to prepare for an internal or external audit of the estimating system.
- Understanding of forward pricing rates and how they are applied.
- Understand and demonstrate the concepts of cost reasonableness and cost justification.
- Ability to establish a basis for knowledge management / benchmarking data.
- Ability to prepare burdened wage rates.
- Knowledge of crew build-ups and sizes.
- Ability to prepare an Estimate Basis by WBS element / CLIN element.
- Understand schedule impacts to the cost estimate.
- Experience managing and collecting appropriate backup information to support the estimate.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation benefits are available for this position.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.