- Check Materials Requisitions for proper approvals and authorizations.
- Obtain quotes against assigned material requisitions.
- Evaluate and select the best bidder based on Technical and Commercial offer
- Create Purchase Order in Oracle EPR System.
- Establish good communication with internal customers
- Place orders with Vendors and communicate with vendors regarding clarifications on specifications, delivery updates and any discrepancies found in materials delivered.
- Maintain Purchase Order files in an auditable manner.
- Work in close coordination to identify and prioritize urgent requirements
- Utilize in house reports and systems for analysis, problem solving and process improvements
- Ensure timely delivery of material by planning, gaining knowledge of lead-time, market conditions and expediting.
- Review discrepancies on delivered material and resolve the same with suppliers and end users.
- Main tain high ethical standards in business relationships with suppliers.
- Follow up with Finance for any payment issues.
- Good communication skills to effectively deal with internal customers and suppliers
- Good organization skills to maintain proper records of bids and correspondence regarding purchase order files in an auditable manner.
- Working knowledge of Purchasing procedures
- Exeprience in Oracle EPR system preferred
- Proficient in using MS Office suite mainly Outlook, Word and Excel
- College degree or Equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum three year experience in procurement function