This position involves general legal support, including:
- Be the main point of contact for the Company's compliance program or Code of Business Conduct (including approvals procedures, drafting of memorandums, legal opinions and policy interpretation).
- Draft and negotiate contracts for oil and gas operations, specially related to major construction projects.
- Work with the Social Responsibility team in obtaining corporate approvals for projects.
Education or training required:
- Law degree.
- Five or more years experience as an attorney, preferably drafting and negotiating contracts for oil and gas operations and/or managing compliance programs and regulation such as FCPA and UK Bribery Act.
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under pressure.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline and multi-national team environment.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Suite.
- Good analytical and research skills.