|Job Ref:||00015871||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Qatar||County/State:||-||City:||Navigation Plaza||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:01|
Essential Job Duties |
Occidental Petroleum of Qatar (OPQL) is pleased to offer a potential opportunity to a creative and knowledgeable Operations Engineer. As an Operations Engineer at OPQL you will be part of an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to maximize economic recovery from various offshore reservoirs. You will find that Qatar offshore operations are unique within Oxy, providing the right candidate with experiences only available in Oxy Qatar. Using a SCADA system that provides real time data streams of down hole and surface operating parameters, Ops. Engineers have significant input into capital development and operational decisions, provide critical field surveillance, and provide needed well work recommendations. Ops. Engineers mature their workover proposals through the design, approval, and implementation stages. Ops. Engineers also provide input into development drilling, well completion, and stimulation decisions. If your interests lie in driving large well work and reservoir surveillance activities, a job with OPQL may be the right fit for you. Oxy is looking for motivated individuals with the following qualifications to fill an Operations Engineering position on one of our Reservoir Management Teams (RMT). If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team please submit your resume for this position.
- Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering
- Ability to conduct production surveillance activities using DSS, Spotfire, etc.
- Successful experience in waterflood surveillance and resulting activities
- Experience working with various artificial lift techniques: gas lift, ESP, etc.
- Working understanding of drilling, reservoir, and production operations issues
- Proven ability to diagnose and respond to downhole and surface well issues
- Working knowledge of inflow performance theory and practical application
- Proven ability to design and execute workover and completion projects
- Broad knowledge base of well stimulation and waterflood conformance echniques
- Effective technical presentation and writing skills
- Ability to deal effectively with government agencies
- Successful multi-discipline team experiences
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- High proficiency in required technical and economic software packages (GAP/MBAL/PROSPER, PEEP) or industry equivalent software programs/packages
- Broad familiarity with field operations and well-site supervision
- International experience dealing with host country technical authorities