WSP | PB, a world-class multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is seeking a Plumbing/Fire Protection Technical Specialist for our Houston, TX office. We work closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
Our engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. We are currently looking for engineers who will be responsible for the systems design of commercial, institutional, healthcare, and laboratory projects.
• Development of initial Plumbing and Fire Protection system concepts
• Design of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
• Calculation of water, gas, medical gases, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination and design
• Construction administration
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• 3+ years' experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems. (Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.)
• Strong working knowledge of building, plumbing, and fire codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings
WSP|PB offers a salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability and life insurances, 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, and more. WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation