Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide. |
We are currently looking to recruit a Materials Controller based in at the Seven Kings depot in London.
The Materials Controller is the primary interface between the depot team, Internal External Suppliers and the Customer. S/he supports the team delivering our material supply obligations at shop floor level, dealing directly with the Customer, Coordinates and Materials Handlers to resolve issues as they arise in order to improve the effectiveness of the fleet Material Supply requirements, and Customer Satisfactions by:
Maximising material availability and minimising Liquidated Damage exposure
Identifying materials where information is limited
Maintaining a positive attitude and flexibility to achieve company / customers goals and priorities
General and Administrative:
- Maintain a professional demeanour that reflects commitment to quality, continuous improvement, diversity and respect for individuals
- Comply with all quality and safety requirements
- Follow systems and procedures outlined by company / project manuals
- Ensure Company policies & procedures are followed
- Manage day to day activities of the Materials Handlers and Administrator as per defined reporting lines
- Mitigate UMD Liquidated Damages
- Regular Material classification review
- Material ordering & reordering MRP (Product & NPR) in line with appropriate specified Process
- Receiving Inventory in line with specified Process
- Issuing stock in line with specified Process
- Processing of rotables (repairable items)
- Ensuring materials are processed and controlled in accordance with the relevant Quality and Environmental Standards to include: Quarantine, Processing rejections/nonconformity and Shelf life
- Monitor stock movement & behaviour and maintain inventory levels to ensure stock demands are successfully met
- Expedite internal and external suppliers
- Ensure regular perpetual stock audits are conducted and recorded/investigate and resolve stock discrepancies
- Managing all SAP Processes for materials
- Producing daily information/feedback to Materials Manager, Engineering & Productions teams
- Ownership of Materials Management tools
- Covering for Materials Manager when required
- Providing the relevant information / reports in a timely manner for the Project Governance process
- Deal with Customers Queries as necessary
- Maintain weekly Operations board including the KPI's
- Raise administer and amend DDR schedules as required
- Responsible for problem solving where over-consumption occurs in the context of establishment of root cause
- Order consumables, Oils and greases
- Working experience in stock management/ material flow in an industrial background
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem solving and customer orientation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well both with other and individually.
- Availability to travel and work on different depot locations, if needed
- Willingness to learn to use new information systems
- Very good English language skills, both written and spoken
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.