Job Summary Information|
Job Purpose: Responsible for applying a structured methodology and leading change management activities
Job Level Summary Information:
- Scope: The Change Management Lead will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change – including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance.
- Impact : The Change Management Lead will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes. This position will impact multi-functional areas across the organization.
- Knowledge: A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; experience with Prosci ADKAR Model is a plus.
- Problem Solving: Able to work through situations and provide recommended resolutions. Strong analytic and decision making skills required.
- People/Function Management: While the Change Management Lead does not have full time supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Change Management Lead will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Change Management Lead may also provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Change Management Lead will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
- Supervision Received: Reports into the Change Management team
- Customer Focus:
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening skills; Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization; Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Preferred Education: Undergraduate degree required (preferable business, IT or Social Sciences); Change management certification or designation desired. Prosci Certification a plus
- Minimum Preference Experience: 4 years of experience along with management experience; Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools. Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Travel Requirements: Varies by assignment
Knowledge / Skills / Competency Type:
Exceptional communication skills
both written and verbal. Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
Forward looking with a holistic approach
Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.