|Job Ref:||140988BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||Qatar||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:09|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
AECOM are seeking a Senior Highways CAD to join our Doha office. This role will lead the production of accurate 2D/3D documentation and robust building information models (BIM) on a project basis with team management tasks within the Highways CAD team.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs complex CADD assignments and coordinates CADD drawing production in support of the CADD Manager.
• Decisions made with general understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
• Ensures accuracy and quality of discipline model information, presentation, and coordination.
• Takes accountability for work performed by all team members under their supervision
• Responsible for setting and meeting project deadlines.
• Understands the implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
• Works with BIM Technicians to understand project BIM setup
• Comprehends and adheres to project BIM plans and standards
• Collaborates/ communicates with other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common model development tasks
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Lead less experienced drafters.
• Works with CADD Manager and project engineers to communicate, problem solve, and update models for coordination and design issues
Profession Experience .
Functional & Technical Skills
• 2D/3D Design - technical background in the production of discipline-specific 2D/3D design documentation
• BIM Technology - proficiency in design and production, and integration of these using BIM technology
• Design Process and Standards - knowledge of standard CAD and BIM processes, standards and general approaches
• Communication - ability to communicate internally and externally through written and verbal means
• Knowledge of Plans' Specifications & Engineering (PS&E) Package - knowledge of the design and how it ultimately interfaces with the client and technology platforms
• Design Skills - understanding of design principles and ability to practically apply them
The successful candidate must have an Engineering or Architectural technician certificate or above.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.