|Job Ref:||28336BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 01:03|
Identify and initiate complex site inspections, acceptance and / or rejection of work performed by various parties in compliance with applicable codes and specs. Monitors construction schedules and costs. Provide guidance to Quality Inspectors. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Implements and monitors the B&V Field QC Manual and Construction Inspection and Test Plans in support of project requirements and construction schedule.
• Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, regulatory representatives and field staff to ensure that the installed product meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the B&V requirements. Verifies subcontractor quality personnel understand specification requirements.
• Mentors and provides technical direction to other Field QC staff, as required, keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed, as required.
• Keeps Site QC Manager and/or Regional Field QC Manager informed of workloads and staffing needs on assigned work. Influences Site Managers and their teams regarding the importance and value of quality involvement and contribution to project success.
• Conducts and/or coordinates quality inspections which may include performance of Non-Destructive Testing, witnessing tests, review of testing by others (e.g.: soil testing, concrete testing, hydrostatic testing, etc.). Prepares and/or reviews reports and quality records in compliance with procedures.
• Verifies on-site welding and welding documentation meets code and specification requirements including review of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) documentation as applicable
• Performs receipt inspections of goods in conjunction with material control staff, as required.
• Administers the site Non-Conformance Program. Identifies non-conformances and participates in corrective actions.
• Reviews and controls the documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Assists in the coordination of punch list walk downs / inspections.
• Attends and participates in site meetings.
• Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work.
• Advocates Safety, HR, and B&V administrative programs in accordance with division policies, standards, and guidelines.
Minimum of 3 years with a degree, minimum of 5 years without a degree
Preferred Job Qualifications
- 3+ years of inspection experience.
- Experience working on or around water treatment facilities.
Experience working Linear sewer projects
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females