|Job Ref:||ORE000L||Employer:||WorleyParsons Ltd||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Ohio||City:||Oregon||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 04:03|
We engineer for lasting impact. |
At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit NA to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
Under the general direction of the O&M Manager, operates and directs the operation of the
facility. Directs the plant OMT operators in their daily activities and ensures their safety and
productivity. Ensure by your own actions or by your direction of other's actions that all
environmental and safety regulations are met. Control, monitor, start, stop, regulate, evaluate
and perform routine maintenance for facility and support systems. The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct operations safely, reliably and efficiently in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Analyze data and /perform root cause analysis of equipment/system failures to formulate corrective actions.
Reviews work order backlog, provides lists of maintenance requests, and advises maintenance
as to priority of work for daily or weekly planning.
1. Evaluates plant status and adjusts plant processes as necessary to maintain efficient
2. Monitors Air Quality Control System (AQCS) and takes action as necessary to comply
3. Takes action using Lock -Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) program when needed and responsibility
for LOTO administration. Maintains/assigns hot work and confined space permit
4. Maintains detailed records and logs, prepares daily reports and submits maintenance
work requests. Informs O&M Manager of plant status and abnormal conditions. Assists
in developing and revising operating procedures and assists in developing work lists for
maintenance on a daily/weekly basis. Accountable to communicate plant conditions to
the OMT's and directs them to maintain optimum plant performance.
5. Advises and directs operations on proper operating procedures. Responds quickly and
appropriately to plant upsets and trip conditions. Receives instruction to prepare for
advancement. Increases knowledge through seminars and self-study. May be asked to
fill in for the O&M manager at times, be willing to participate in supervisor training,
meeting attendance and willingness to maintain confidentiality on issues when required.
6. Completes all training/qualifications required to be a Lead Operator.
7. Responsible for plant housekeeping and maintains plant cleanliness.
8. Must be able to work overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled, on days of relief and
beyond regular work schedule and to perform shift work, including holidays, nights, and
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Follows all safety/environmental policies, procedures, rules and participates in training.
Promotes the Company's OneWay to Zero Harm vision through actions and conduct.
11. Follows all company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes
the Company's values and positively effects morale.
12. Prepares material and leads weekly safety meetings.
13. Assists in training OMT's and that have not completed their qualifications or as a
continuing education basis.
14. Prepares material and leads system or procedures training for peers and other
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
1. High school diploma required. Minimum of five (5) years' experience in power plant operator functions. Experienced in power plant control room and all auxiliary functions.
2. Must demonstrate knowledge of all facts of power plant operations, including
maintenance functions to control room, operating procedures, system operating orders, and clearance procedures.
3. Ability to pass respirator fit tests to use respiratory protective equipment at all times.
4. Good communication skills. Ability to understand P&ID's. Ability to operate valves, switches, controls, keyboards, and other power plant equipment. Ability to plan and direct the work of others.
5. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
6. Proficient computer usage including Word, Excel, Outlook and any other applicable application.
7. Ability to work scheduled hours, overtime both scheduled and unscheduled, on days of relief and beyond regular work schedule. Ability to perform shift work, including holidays, nights and weekends.
8. Licenses - Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology preferred.
Incumbent may be required to work in conditions where hazardous material and /or toxic fumes could be present. Additionally, incumbent will be exposed to areas of high heat, loud noise, steam, combustible gases, rotating machinery and other conditions normally encounter in an operating generation facility.
When you join WorleyParsons you'll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace, that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a very diverse population of people that reflects the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. We also work flexibly at WorleyParsons and are open to a range of proposals about what arrangements would best suit our people's needs.
W orleyParsons is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Our Culture and the Way We Work
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our "Way We Work" behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.