With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our connected network. |
GHD's Vancouver, BC office offers clients a range of specialized environmental and technical services including design and construction oversight for solid waste management infrastructure, contaminated site investigation and remediation, operations of remedial and landfill systems, and greenhouse gas assurance. Put your skills and imagination to work with an innovative organization that will provide you with exciting challenges, professional growth, and exceptional rewards.
We are currently seeking an Senior Hydrogeologist for our Vancouver Office.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Work with a team of geoscientists and engineers to play a lead role in the management of water supply, hydrogeologic investigation and remediation projects.
- Coordinating and implementing hydrogeological and/or geological investigation programs.
- Coordinating environmental investigation/remedial work plans including the coordination of field activities, managing field personnel, analytical set up and directing subcontractors.
- Preparing technical reports including environmental investigation reports, annual environmental monitoring reports, hydrogeological characterization and impact reports
- Data compilation, reduction, and interpretation, and, preparation of environmental reports
- Groundwater flow modelling, pump test data analysis, and contaminant migration analysis
- Review, understanding, and interpretation of provincial and federal acts and regulations
- Assisting with business development and preparing proposals
- Some travel to sites throughout BC and Alberta
- Oversight and implementation of field investigations
- Provide senior level review of technical reports
- Direct supervision of 1 to 3 geoscientists and environmental technologists.
- Act as a leader in implementing GHD's behaviour based safety program.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in geology or hydrogeology with a minimum of 10-15 years' experience (NA. or working towards one is required).
- A Master's degree in earth sciences or hydrogeology would be considered an asset.
- Strong understanding and experience of the BC Water Sustainability Act and associated guidance is required
- Understanding of the CSR and CSAP process would be an asset.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated field experience in soil classification, overburden drilling methods, soil sampling, and groundwater sampling is required.
- Experience with surveying and geotechnical investigation methods would be considered an asset.
- Experience conducting field work, and willingness to travel to undertake field work, is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 50lbs)
- Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
- Proven project and client management skills are an asset
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
- Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be performed prior to hire)