About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We have an urgent opening for a Transportation Engineering Technician-Construction Inspector (Inspector Aide II) to join our Construction Services Group in Baltimore, MD. This person will work on assignments statewide for various government agencies (specifically SHA District 4/Baltimore and Harford Counties).
Under direct supervision, the Transportation Engineering Technician-Construction Inspector:
• Inspects various facets of work on the construction site
• Reads drawings and specifications
• Observes general job safety practices
• Monitors construction activities and prepares inspection reports
• Follows applicable quality control procedures for concrete, steel, or soil testing
• Complies with client policies and procedures for inspection of work under contract
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Work is performed in the field 90% of the time and may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
• Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required as needed.
• This position requires unrestricted mobility, including, at times, unrestricted mobility in irregular terrain, and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Work is performed within a general office environment 10% of the time.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• At least three (3) years of experience in inspection of highways/bridges/traffic systems. Prior experience with SHA is recommended. (Education above high school level may meet the experience requirement).
• Reliable transportation for travel to, from and on the project site
• Availability to work statewide (Maryland) as needed
• Ability to pass a background test and drug test
• MDE Responsible Person Certification (Green Card), SHA Erosion and Sediment Control (Yellow Card), MD Temporary Traffic Control Manager, MARTCP Concrete/HMA/Soils & Aggregates, or equivalent from surrounding states
• Previous experience with SHA's Maryland Construction Management System (MCMS) documentation or equivalent experience with contract management software
• NICET transportation (any level), ACI Concrete Field, OSHA 10 hour Safety and IMSA Level 1 Traffic Signal Inspector certification
• Prior experience with SHA projects
The selected candidate must be able to work in the United States on a full-time permanent basis immediately. The Client also requires that candidates live within 50 miles of work location.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation