|Job Ref:||EMP373852||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Bournemouth||Address:||Post Code:||BH8||Salary:||£32,000 - £36,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our aerospace client involved in the design and manufacture of high value, low volume products have an opening for Production Planning Engineers to join their new facility in Bournemouth. |
Enthusiastic & self-motivated engineer with experience in manufacturing/production environment, preferably high value/low volume
Working from released design engineering data the role requires the creation and maintenance of BOM’s, work and tooling instructions. The role will require close liaison with project managers, engineering leads, procurement team, Production Manager and production cell supervision.
• To create and manage robust production planning to meet aerospace specifications utilising the current ‘Evolution’ MRP system and “Master Planning” tools available. Ensuring compliant high quality product is delivered to budgeted hours and materials within a lean manufacturing environment.
• To work with both the Design/Manufacturing and Projects teams; in order to gain a full understanding of what is required at a product and programme level and ensure delivery of planning packages on time .
• Review and assess released (and preliminary) drawings; converting the data to logical routings based on best practice. Where required to assess and amend live works orders in line with Engineering change / configuration control requirements (up issues).
• Provide business managers with key status reports regarding project progress including BOM's, base procurement outline and build specification.
• Educated to degree level in Engineering with a strong bias in manufacturing in a relevant industry.
• Good communication skills and a desire to seek continuous improvement in processes both within the department and on the shop floor.
• Sufficient grasp of the industrial processes and specification to offer informed advice on “make or buy decisions”.
• The ability to understand technical drawings and data and develop BOMs and works instructions via job routing and works order templates.
• A clear understanding of BOM and routing structure within MRP systems.