|Job Ref:||EMP373844||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£50,000 - £55,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
Our client are a major naval marine systems manufacturer currently seeking a project manager with a strong background in defence technology projects to join them in their Bristol offices.|
Srong experience of Project Managment and delivery in the defence technology arena.
• Working within a business / programme environment leading assigned project (contract) and / or bid activity.
• Senior point of contact (stakeholder management) for assigned project delivery.
• Adapt company core process to suit contract needs & establish team discipline required to accurately establish, maintain & progress project plan.
• Establish & develop team organisation including integration with customer, supply chain and key stakeholders.
• Identify resource requirements and manage availability with functional managers.
• Adapt & apply change control mechanism to specific contract demands, ensuring integration with plan & schedules whilst maintaining / uplifting contract baseline.
• Develop & maintain monitoring & control of project & company deliverables & strategic objectives.
• Develop & maintain efficient, clear focussed customer & company project status reporting.
• Develop & maintain project risk & opportunity management integrated with customer, supply chain and key stakeholders.
• Support development of project management capability to support business & company growth.
Managing change through a project change process.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
Demonstrable management knowledge, skills & experience in the following:
• Planning contract delivery including:
o Creating the WBS, OBS & RAM
o Work package development & assignment
o Project management plans
o Metric implementation
o Risk Management Methodologies
• Earn Value application & Management
o Establish efficient EV structure
o Maintenance of accurate EV reporting in change environment
• Finance tracking, control & reporting:
o ETC & EAC
o Accurate finance accrual
o Meeting cash flow, sales and order targets
• Partnering soft skills – across all stakeholders
o Collaboration to achieve joint aims
o Negotiation of change whilst maintaining a strong equitable relationship
• Change control management
o Contracted change – Time & cost evaluation, scope & negotiation
o Engineering development change ranking, tracking & sanctioning
• Data configuration management
o Identifying & tracking design data availability & maturity across multiple system providers
o Analysing impact on system design & negotiating availability of system functionality with stakeholders
• Subcontract management
o Working with supply chain to manage relationship & performance of suppliers and subcontractors
o Identifying & tracking key subcontract performance metrics
• Engineering knowledge and management
o Interfacing with engineering management
o Setting engineering decisions & priorities from a project / business perspective
o Good understanding and awareness of the engineering lifecycle and content of technical reviews
• Bid management
o Stakeholder management for intelligence gathering
o Opportunity analysis leading to Win strategy & action plans
o ITT / RFQ response organisation & management