|Job Ref:||R0011275||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Templecombe||Address:||Post Code:||RG9||Post Date:||13/10/2016 22:02|
THALES teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to provide a considerable contribution within one of our development teams at Thales Air Operations Systems & Services in Templecombe.
This is an excellent, development opportunity for an ambitious individual and is a key position within the Land Air Systems Software team; working with a diverse range of customers and an international supply base. Whilst defence experience is preferable, what’s more important is that we secure an individual with the desire to grow their existing software experience across the whole software development lifecycle within our unique, environment.
It is a full time, permanent position, based in Templecombe, Somerset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working from systems requirements, scenarios and HMI specifications to develop software specifications and high level designs, perform detailed design, implement code, perform unit/developer testing and software integration.
- As part of the development team, work towards a common understanding of the design and participate in reviews to ensure the integrity and robustness of project deliverables.
- Provide estimates and work breakdowns to project technical leads, committing to the delivery of components in accordance with the resulting plans.
- Take pro-active ownership of all allocated tasks and their implications, delivering on time, within budget.
- Understand and adhere to design decisions
- Work with Technical Lead to ensure that all work produced is `designed to cost'
- Adopt the agreed Process as specified in the relevant Project Management Plans (e.g. SEMP, SDP) and other (as advised) documentation
Skills & Attributes
Detailed knowledge and experience of working across the full software development lifecycle including;
- Software requirements analysis & architectural design
- Software modelling and design using UML
- Software implementation and unit test, using Java and/or C
- Software integration and verification
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or another relevant discipline.
- Successful candidates must be eligible for SC clearance
Design and implementation experience in at least some of the following technology areas;
- Windows, Linux, Solaris
- Requirements engineering using DOORS
- Model Driven Engineering
- Agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM