|Job Ref:||ADRO - Soft ENG PERM||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Denham||Address:||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 55,000 per year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Are you an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for excellence? If so then we have the perfect job for you...
Please ensure you are eligible for SC clearance before applying.
We are looking for a Software Engineer working in the Systems Engineering department at the our clients greater London site. The role holder is responsible for the complete life-cycle of a new or modified software product, from research and design to implementation, testing and support. The role is required to produce technical documentation at all stages of the software life-cycle and to participate in peer reviews, programme/project reviews and audits.
* Learn the methods and skills already utilised in the Systems Engineering Department.
* Develop capabilities (tools, modelling) of the Systems Engineering Department through the use of new technologies and methodologies.
* Conduct requirements analyses as directed and generate detailed software specifications accordingly.
* Develop both embedded and PC-based applications to a safety-critical standard.
* Development and documentation of coding standards, review checklists, configuration management systems.
* Prepare for and participate in software audits - both internally and with external suppliers.
* Participate in and be subject to peer review of all software process outputs (documentation, source code, test results).
* Generate detailed software documentation including design documents, test descriptions, reports and user manuals.
* Support, and upgrade/improve, production software systems.
* Communicate effectively with all levels within the organisation and its customers/suppliers at all times.
* Team Working
* Communication Skills
* Technical Knowledge Expertise
* Customer Focus
* Highly IT literate
* Good problem solving/investigative skills and data analysis skills
* Familiarity with configuration management systems
* Familiarity with UML/SysML.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
The ideal applicant will be familiar with the full software life-cycle and in a broad range of engineering and software concepts and practices.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.