Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Human Resources Coordinator with our corporate team located in Dallas, Texas.
Essential Job Duties :
- Provides administrative support to the corporate human resources group such as:
- Maintaining the corporate human resources files
- Answering the HR Department phone lines
- Providing HR Orientation to new hires
- Processing performance awards and gift certificate programs
- Maintaining taxation reports
- Producing monthly headcount reports
- Producing quarterly reports on severance, performance awards, "On the Spot Recognition" program, and relocation
- Responsible for tracking departmental budget costs
- Maintaining and updating organizational charts for client groups
- Handles a large volume of diverse projects
- Maintains a close working relationship with compensation, benefits, and other divisional HR groups
- Must have working knowledge of HR initiatives on a corporate level as well as all HR policies, procedures and practices
- Inputs, maintains, audits, extracts, manipulates, and analyzes confidential HR data from PeopleSoft, Taleo and Talent Management Systems. Runs periodic data audits of PeopleSoft HRIS data to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and possess the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Human resources experience strongly preferred with skills in HR coordination and administration
- 5 years office administration experience with demonstrated organization skills and administrative competencies
- Highly effective team player with strong interpersonal and administrative technical skills
- Capable of organizing and prioritizing heavy workloads with accuracy and minimal supervision, meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and exhibit flexibility when work assignments or priorities change, and a willingness to support the overall effectiveness of the HR function.
- Must have the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, when required
- Must have a strong sense of customer focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated expert level of proficiency in PC applications and operating systems, Microsoft office products, (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,); high level of PeopleSoft and SAP knowledge preferred.