Additional Role Information
Main Purpose of the Job
To carry out planned preventative maintenance and minor repairs reactive repairs, temperature monitoring, flushing, sampling and disinfection of water systems, works covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with a large hospital. To assist Maintenance Craftspersons and Technicians as/when required.
- To support the Estates management in providing a 24 hour maintenance service within
- To assist in the laid down audit survey and testing regime throughout all buildings on
- To work within the quality (ISO 9001) system for the Estates Department
- To undergo specialist training to meet the needs of the service.
- To maintain work documents and records accurately
- To carry out replacement of lamps and cleaning of all types of light fittings
- To work in areas occupied by patients and staff , having regard for the Health & Safety of occupants within that area
- To carry out cleaning, labouring and driving tasks associated with Estates maintenance
- To assist craftsperson/s with 2 person man tasks and where Health & Safety reasons require a second person
- To work in highly unpleasant working conditions, including bodily fluids and noxious fumes, assist in unblocking drains and sewers.
- To plan own schedule of work within the scope of the planned maintenance system
- To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times , in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH Regulations and Electrical IEE regulations
- To carry out any other such reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by the Estates Manager.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities.
- To adhere to Company policies and procedures
- To work as part of a multi-skilled team providing an efficient estates service.
- To respect confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment relating to other members of staff or customers, and relating to the Data Protection Act.
- To promote a culture of customer service and the meeting of Carillion values
- May be incorporated into the shift system
22. To be proactive in promoting health and safety.
Equipment Responsible for using efficiently and effectively all maintenance parts, tools and consumables.
Person Specification Qualifications NVQ or equivalent experience
Experience (Desirable) Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
(Essential) Experience in a maintenance and building environment
Experience of working in a customer focused environment
Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic writing skills
- Willingness and aptitude to acquire new skills
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Conscientious and meticulous in approach to work
- Must live within easy commuting distance of the site.
- Must be willing to travel if required, to participate to training activities.