ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: |
To develop, promote, and sell planned maintenance agreements for Cummins Southern Plains.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, promote, and sell planned maintenance agreements within the territory to existing and new Cummins Southern Plains and competitive power generation customers. (To include cold calling)
- Work closely with the power generation sales departments to identify new opportunities for preventative maintenance and other sold services.
- Promote all of Cummins Southern Plains business segments as a single solution provider: (Generator sales, service, preventative maintenance) ( Engine sales, service, preventative maintenance) (Generator rental) (Consumer mobile product) (On-highway sales/service) and (Integrated controls, networks, and switchgear solutions).
- Maintain a positive self-image, company image, and branch integrity at all times.
- Meet established sales target revenue and profit goals as outlined in the Annual Operating Plan.
- Responsible for selling and promoting additional sales offerings to include generator load banking, infrared thermography, vibration testing, diesel fuel polishing, insulation resistance testing, planned battery replacement, and any other service(s) offered as part of a preventative maintenance agreement.
- Attend marketing and customer training events such as 7x24 Exchange and Interlink hospital engineer conventions.
- Maintain and improve customer contact information database and other sales recordkeeping as required. Prepare and submit reports of business expense transactions and travel mileage as required to the Director of Power Generation Service.
- Ability for overnight travel 20-30% of the time to adequately cover the sales territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years sales experience required.
- Preferred candidate to have a strong background of basic mechanical and electrical principles.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without daily supervision. Capable of representing Cummins Southern Plains in a professional manner at all times.
- Must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and customer relation skills.
- Must have an internal drive for customer satisfaction and provide an elevated level of service for both internal and external customers.
- Must comply with all safety rules and regulations and apply them to his/her daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g., work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.
Candidate will frequently work in all types of general office, communication, industrial, mechanical, construction, and medical environments associated with customer's places of work.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .