|Job Ref:||160002MK||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||New Mexico||City:||Albuquerque||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 03:07|
The Parts Technician has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for supporting service work order parts requests and assisting customers with parts sales at the parts counter. |
• Greet customers who enter or call the service office.
• Gather required customer and unit information for work order.
• Build repair quote and plan using established procedures.
• Invoice work orders or parts invoices and process customer payment.
• Act as local Safety liaison performing safety audits and quarterly safety training.
• Ensure compliance with warranty parts returns.
• Manage local parts inventory.
• Coordinate local building maintenance and repairs.
• Run local business-related errands.
• Operate forklift to load / unload freight trucks.
• Any other necessary administrative duties related to the operation
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
• Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (Internal and External)
• Respond to customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
• Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
• Maintain company and product confidentiality.
• Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
• Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
• Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
• All other duties as required.
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Competent in diesel engine / generator repairs a plus.
• Minimum 3 years previous customer service/contact experience
• Proficient computer and typing skills
• Trained in use of applicable Forklift
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
• Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
o Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
o Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
o No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
o No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
o No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
o Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company's competitors, customers, or suppliers.
• 10 hours of overtime work required per week.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.