SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for junior, intermediate and senior Controls and Automation Engineers. |
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Ability to work and communicate positively within a team based environment to ensure all deliverables are in conformance with engineering codes, standards, quality, schedule and budgetary restraints.
- Commitment to taking responsibility for job function and to look beyond their job function and task and understand how their work is used and influences others.
- Ensure in the successful execution of engineering and design for mining/mineral processing or other heavy industrial sector projects within budget and on schedule.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance, as well as mentor and assist with on-the-job training of engineers-in-training and designers.
- Prepare calculations and detailed analysis as required.
- Prepare equipment specification packages.
- Check manufacturer drawings and data for compliance with specifications.
- Prepare detailed design, supply, construction, and installation specifications.
- Develop conceptual designs, studies, reports and proposals.
- Ensure effective communication within and between project disciplines and with client engineers.
- Participate in company business development activities.
- Visit project sites and other Hatch offices for project related activities as required.
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Engineering degree and should be registered as a Professional Engineer (NA) with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- Work experience with EPCM and mining or heavy industrial organizations preferred.
- Knowledge of S&PC design tools and software.
- Knowledge of industry regulatory codes and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency with MS Office.