SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and are looking for Electrical Designers. |
The successful candidate will be working with multi-discipline teams to develop electrical systems designs and layouts in accordance with client's and other established standards.
- Developing Single Line Diagrams and motor schematics
- Developing and checking of 3D models in an integrated CAD (Microstation as well as AutoCad) environment
- Preparing electrical deliverables including: General arrangements drawings, detail drawings, and design sketches in accordance with established quality procedures
- Developing, designing and checking Lighting and Grounding Layouts
- Perform calculations for lighting design, cable selection etc.
- Preparing cable schedules
- Developing material take offs from the layout drawings
Qualifications and Experience:
- A technical college graduates from an electrical engineering program.
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2002 OR ABOVE AND Microstation 2D and 3D
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of electrical systems designs for industrial facilities
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-start with the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Analytical and problem solving skills -Good knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.