SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for a Mine Planner. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you.|
The Mine Planner will provide mine planning and technical support for operations and development activities working independently or under limited supervision in one or more of the following areas: mine planning, reserve calculations, environmental engineering, project engineering, regulatory compliance and/or direction of outside consultants and contractors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mine design and scheduling to ensure that ore bodies are mined in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Assist with underground and/or open pit mining studies, including cost estimates
- Prepare production plans and monitor the implementation thereof
- Analyze geological, survey and geotechnical data for consideration in mine design and scheduling
- Provide technical support to clients and project teams working on mining related projects
- Optimize mining limits and/or pit shells
- Life of mine planning and scheduling for open pit and/or underground operations
- Assist with planning and optimization of mine activities
- Participating and providing advice on the operations review reports
- Identifying opportunities that create value
- Integrating and administering mine planning technical systems
- Assist with feedback and presentations to clients
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by supervisor
- Assist with special projects that arise within the planning and projects teams.
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor of Science in geology, mining engineering or a related field.
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer or professional designation in appropriate area of expertise
- Related work experience
- Basic knowledge of all phases of mining and milling operations
- Experience with strategic planning and budgeting in the mining industry
- Knowledge of engineering techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and mine operations
- Level of proficiency with mine planning software systems, preferably Minesight, Surpac and NPV scheduler
- Level of proficiency in spreadsheet based cash flow analysis
- Well-developed technical report writing and presentation skills
- Very strong communications skills. Team player with a strong inclination towards developing cooperative solutions
- Ability to perform financial analysis in a mining environment