SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for a Site Document Controller. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you.|
The Site Document Controller works closely with the document manager and the project support group (PSG) to provide sufficient and experienced document management resources to support the project efficiently and effectively with respect to cost, schedule and both quantity and quality of service.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Quality checking, registering, classifying, managing, tracking, filing and transmitting electronic engineering and vendor/contractor deliverables and other project controlled documents as required by the project
- Ensure the current approved revisions of controlled documents are available to the project in the EDMS
- Provide accurate meta-data for document status reporting
- Process documents in compliance with project procedures to meet DM standards.
- Registering and maintaining the master list of attribute values in the EDMS, such as the facility breakdown structure codes, procurement package codes etc.
- Managing the package tool and assisting the project teams in maintaining EWP packages, CWP packages and handover packages
- Providing reports from the EDMS and assisting in expediting internal reviews
- Ensuring the 24-hour turnaround of requests into document control
- Assisting with the final handover of documentation
- Providing document management support to project participants including support to external users (bidders, vendors, contractors, consultants and client)
- Responding to queries (internally and externally) in a timely and professional manner
- Identifying and escalating issues to the lead document controller
- Assisting the lead document controller in training other document controllers as required
- Experience working in an engineering project environment or data management environment using an electronic document management system
- Previous experience working on-site
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications, Adobe Acrobat, file management tools e.g. Explorer and WinZip
- Ability to accurately and efficiently capture meta-data
- Ability to follow workflows and standards
- Experience in working within a team with ability and willingness to share knowledge
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills to build relationships with the immediate and remote team members.
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.