SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for a Site Cost Controller. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you.|
The Site Cost Controller develops and maintains site project cost information, maintains planned and actual cost and commitment schedules; and, in conjunction with the Lead Cost Controller and Site Project Controls Manager, oversees variations and revisions to existing budgets, as well as changes to scope and contract variation quotations. The Site Cost Controller monitors, controls and reports on site cost history and forecast.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A strong personal commitment to safety
- Data verification and set-up planning
- Direct cost estimate (Definitive)
- Initiate and manage the preparation, review and issuance of the Project definitive cost estimate in conjunction with the Project Estimator
- Manage the detailed direct cost estimate review with the Project Controls Manager, Project Manager and the project team to gain approval.
- Cost control
- Finalize coding of all detailed line items, based on procurement package register, approved capital cost estimate and project coding
- Agree on client requirements for cost reporting and cost profiles
- Establish asset management methodology, based on client asset management philosophy (asset register)
- Prepare budgets for procurement packages and the associated budget reconciliation
- Conduct periodic reviews with procurement to establish and maintain forecasts for all packages including Estimate at Completion and expenditure forecasts
- Manage and forecast project contingency requirements, escalation, Forex, currencies etc.
- Update and maintain budget with approved PCNs
- Produce and organize the review of the cost report and variance analysis.
- Generate data and curves for each cost profile (baselines and periodic updates).
- Project trend and change management
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or relevant discipline. Alternatively appropriate project related experience
- Good knowledge of budgeting, forecasting final costs, cash flows and estimating
- Overview of procurement, contracts, quantity surveying, planning, scheduling and engineering processes and procedures
- Estimating and tendering processes.
- Risk management principles
- Good knowledge of project management principles
- Computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Sound technical knowledge in a multi-discipline environment
- Interpersonal and good communication skills
- Resource management
- Time management
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Planning and organizing
- Budgeting skills
- Presentation skills
- Ensure approved trends and changes are incorporated in the project estimate at completion and budget