SEM-Hatch has been retained as the Engineering and Project Management Contractor for the Voisey's Bay Mine Expansion project. We are assembling a project team to be based in St. John's and looking for a Construction Supervisor. If you are looking for your next step in a progressive career, enjoy working with people in a team environment, and strive for excellence, we want to hear from you.|
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the project works contractors and maintaining the project performance goals. Supervisors coordinate work efforts and ensure activities are sequenced in accordance with the project schedule. A supervisor must be a competent person in the construction trade so that they may accurately evaluate the methods and performance in all respects of the particular scope elements of the project for which he is accountable.
Key Responsibilities :
- Monitors overall job site health, safety and environment performance and verifies that contractors are protecting their workers at the job site
- Responsible for construction supervision and administration including supervision of contractors and their subcontractors for assigned portions of the project
- Assists in the coordination of the design deliverables to support continuous and efficient construction
- Job site point of contact for all contractors in his assigned area of the project
- Monitors the delivery of materials to the site and release to contractor
- Plans and chairs project safety meetings, assists with incident investigations and reporting, and participates in Hatch safety programs and initiatives
- Communicates the identification, management and resolution of deficiencies and nonconformance to the Construction Manager
- Assists with site administration and record keeping procedures in accordance with the Construction Execution Plan
- Assists with construction estimating, scheduling, cost control and reporting for all work being performed by the contractor in his assigned area of the project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical degree and equivalent years of supervisory experience required for a leadership position
- Trade school and journeyman status for the applicable discipline assignment
- Minimum five to ten years onsite experience on major projects or in heavy civil or industrial construction
- Can demonstrate a health and safety focus in the planning and construction execution phase
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to motivate and lead discipline-focused site teams to successfully execute the assigned scope of work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to practically interpret and apply good construction practice and appropriate industry standards.
- Involvement in at least one significant project similar in size, scope and location
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to professionally manage and resolve contractor issues to avoid further conflict escalation.
While we thank all respondents, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Hatch Ltd values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous construction experience within an EPCM and heavy industrial environment
- Previous site leadership experience