|Job Ref:||204247658||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£40000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:19|
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to work in the capacity of Design Manager for an award-winning construction company based in Scotland. With a longstanding background of delivering mixed-use commercial developments, schools, defence, healthcare and signature buildings, our client builds innovative and sustainable projects.|
With an ever expanding presence throughout the Scottish region and an increasing workload, we are looking to recruit a talented Design Manager to be based out of the Glasgow Office. You will take responsibility for the daily design management of assigned projects, working effectively between client and design teams to maximise project Buildability on all design matters, alongside liaising with the Site Management team for the development of design packages and procurement strategies.
Reporting to a Head of Department, responsibilities will include:
• Understanding client requirements
• Ensure design, procurement and construction information complies with project documentation
• Design output review, meeting key compliance criteria with client specifications
• Monthly reporting
• Defining consultant valuations and authorisation of payments
• Defining designer's objectives: programme, deliverables, ratios
• Supporting the Procurement and Commercial teams
• Business representation at Client/User/Local Authority and other stakeholder meetings
• Manage the Environmental Certification Process i.e. BREEAM
• Manage design transfer from pre-construction to construction
The required individual should meet the following criteria:
• Proven track record as an Architect or Architectural Technician, or alternatively or a background of design management with a main contractor
• Excellent all round technical knowledge
• Planning process and building regulations knowledge
• Excellent presentation, communication, management, negotiation skills
• Design or construction qualifications preferred
In return, you will be joining a supportive company within the building sector. As an employer they encourage and develop their team members to build on existing skills and progress to the next level, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on (Apply online only). Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients