|Job Ref:||204264118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of FastTrack who are operating as an employment business.|
This main contractor are currently recruiting for a key role within their business and searching for a Commercial Manager from a main contractor background. You will need to have managed multiple large design & build projects, covering a variety of sectors - education, healthcare, PFI, commercial & residential. Project values from £2million upto £15/£20million.
* To contribute to the business strategy and direction including dissemination to the wider team.
* To work collaboratively with clients to maximise opportunities.
* To lead a medium size Commercial team and support Procurement and Administration managers and staff including all aspects associated with performance management.
* Accountability for the profitability through a Contract Review process and taking ownership for the gap between tendered and required margins. This will include ensuring productivity and utilization performance is known, understood, challenged where necessary in order to deliver in line with business expectations.
* Accountability for the management of subcontractor selection ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and programme.
* Accountability for the contract application and invoice process ensuring that valuations are maximized and made on time whilst ensuring that cash conversion is in line with contract terms as a minimum. Additionally this role will be responsible for the production, monitoring and ownership of cashflow forecasts supported by Finance.
* Accountable for the resolution of any contractual issues that arise with both clients and supply chain.
* To ensure that the contract review process focusing on contract performance, WIP, debt, etc. is adhered to in order to effectively target appropriate opportunities.
* Ensuring that forecast final cost, value and profit reconciliations are produced against the contracts on a monthly basis.
* To manage the commercial team to ensure all variations are produced and claimed, including contemporaneous records for extra works to ensure maximisation of associated value.
* Responsible for appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion being collected in a timely fashion with any associated retentions being recovered when due.
* Manage the coordination and timely submissions for extensions of time and acceleration ensuring recovery of loss and expense when required.
* Responsible for the assistance in production of tender submissions including contract settlement involvement and resolution of any pre contract commercial issues that may arise. Also responsible for ensuring the commercial team plays a pivotal role in the handover of the tender.
* Take ownership for contractual issues that may arise both directly and through direct line reports.
* To drive the efficiency of the contracts.
* To own and drive the Risk Review Process.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, ideally RICS qualified)
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
* Be able to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
* Possess strong commercial negotiation skills and experience of managing and leading a team to achieve multiple objectives
* Effective teamwork and leadership skills
* Excellent Influencing and Negotiation skills
* Business and Strategic awareness
* Proven record of achieving results