|Job Ref:||204338740||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Much Hadham||Address:||Post Code:||SG10||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Server Infrastructure Analyst (1st to 3rd Line) - Based in Herts (SG Postcode)|
Permanent role paying up to £35,000 plus benefits
The Server Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for server infrastructure IT services support activities including maintenance, administration, and second and third line support. You will work closely with the Service Desk to provide first and second and third line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of IT infrastructure-related incidents and service requests.
When requested, the Server Infrastructure Analyst will support the process of impact assessing and planning IT infrastructure changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans.
The Server Infrastructure Analyst is also required to support projects with a server infrastructure element, and also direct projects (with assistance from the Services Manager if required) where a significant component of the delivery is change to server services.
• Day to day service desk queue management of infrastructure related incidents, service requests and problems.
• Resolve Infrastructure related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
• Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain the company infrastructure, and to investigate and resolve IT infrastructure-related incidents.
• As required, provide timely communication to users on the status of their service requests and incidents.
• As necessary, liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT infrastructure-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure problem prevention methods are continually applied to improve service levels and reduce costs.
• Undertake IT infrastructure-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
• Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT infrastructure.
• Prioritise and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
• Maintain IT infrastructure support technical documentation.
• Participate in disaster recovery activities as required.
• Work with the Change Managers to review and impact new business requirements.
• Contribute to technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
• Ensure capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT infrastructure changes.
• Implement, test and monitor required IT infrastructure changes in line with change implementation plans.
• Ensure IT infrastructure changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria.
• Essential technology product knowledge and skills include:
• Active Directory
• Linux (desired)
• Windows server technologies
• Windows desktop technologies
• VMware technologies
• Office 365, including Outlook/Exchange
• Experience of technology product knowledge and skills include:
• SharePoint for Office365
• System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Citrix infrastructure
• Storage technologies
• Networking technologies
• Experience using a computerised call logging application
• Experience of performing a similar role at other organisations
• Good understanding of ITIL service management processes
• Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders
• Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail
• Strong planning and organisation skills
• Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales
• Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
• Experience of working with third parties
• Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team
(Server, Engineer, Analyst, Support, Infrastructure, Linux, Windows, ITIL, SCCM, 2nd, 3rd Outlook, Exchange)