|Job Ref:||203597553||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Aldermaston||Address:||Post Code:||RG7||Salary:||£23400 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:08|
Provide Manufacturing Engineering and Technical support to Manufacturing Process areas and Project management teams throughout AWE. Deliver process design, development and introduction of best manufacturing practice in terms of productivity, reliability, innovation and quality to the workplace. Assist and support the Engineers in ensuring that current and new manufacturing processes are compliant with relevant legislation.
Salary Range: £23,400 - £ 40,000 depending on experience
Package Details: Benefits include generous holiday entitlement and Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
Location: Aldermaston/Burghfield, nr Reading, Berkshire
Employment Basis: Full Time
Job Reference: 416656
- To project manage the introduction of new manufacturing processes into the workplace by delivering the agreed Manufacturing Task Plan, identifying and meeting all regulatory and legal requirements
- To maintain a Project Gateway status for each Manufacturing Engineering Project being delivered and present status as required, to project teams and management
- Undertake Manufacturing Engineering investigations of facilities and processes with the aim of improving productivity, quality and/or resolving complex manufacturing problems
- Deliver or assist in the delivery of the introduction of new manufacturing processes into the workplace by delivering the agreed Manufacturing Task Plan, identifying and meeting all regulatory and legal requirements.
- To maintain a Project Gateway status for each Manufacturing Engineering Project being delivered and present status as required, to project teams and management.
- Undertake Manufacturing Engineering investigations of facilities and processes with the aim of improving productivity, quality and/or resolving manufacturing problems.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of any circumstances which might reflect on safety, security, efficiency and the management of the facility.
- Support promotion of the use of Manufacturing Design Authority procedures, ensuring that appropriate standards are maintained at all times.
- Support Quality, Safety, Projects, Facility and any other relevant department as necessary.
- Understand and apply my responsibilities with regard to the Company's Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
- To assist and support the Senior Manufacturing Engineers who ensure that current and new manufacturing processes are compliant with relevant legislation and ensure that the manufactured product is right first time every time.
- This includes undertaking any associated re-approval exercises as necessary and ensuring that the design, prove-out and use of process, plant and equipment is safe, cost effective, controlled and configured in accordance with company standards, the Manufacturing Design Authority procedures and current legislation.
- Degree (Hons) in an Engineering related discipline
- Working towards membership of an appropriate professional institution (IET, IMechE)
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact at all levels
- Computer literate
- Competent in writing technical reports and in presenting technical information
- Determination to succeed and a high degree of flexibility
- Able to work effectively with others towards common objectives
- Clear and unambiguous in technical communications
- An awareness of lean techniques and quality tool
- An awareness of environment, health, safety, security and quality practices
- Demonstrable and sound safety culture
- High level of security awareness
- Awareness of manufacturing techniques and processes, machining, presswork, moulding, metallurgy etc.
- Knowledge of special material manufacture and material properties.
- Awareness of process document generation
- A basic understanding of manufacturing systems and MRP/ERP systems.
- Application of company design and drawing standards
- UK Health and Safety Legislation in a manufacturing environment.
- Application of quality standards and procedures
- Basic appreciation of Configuration Management
- Ability to produce or assist in the production of Technical Product Specifications (Drawings, reports, instructions, specifications etc
- Must have some hands on and a proven track record of manufacturing engineering experience, preferably in high value, low volume industries
- An awareness of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, Quality Tools and Model Based Realisation
- Relevant practical experience in a mechanical/manufacturing environment
- Supporting production of engineering and production documentation
- Application of legislation/standards
- General appreciation of planning and working within a team to processes/procedures
- Proactive, self motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Confident to communicate at all levels within the function
- Confidence to work in multi-discipline team environments
- Flexibility in work routine to meet demands of the job
- Willing and able to become a monitored radiation worker
- Willing and able to obtain and maintain the Security Clearance required for the role