|Job Ref:||203609699||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||High Wycombe||Address:||Post Code:||HP11||Salary:||£40000 - £55000/annum + Generous Package||Post Date:||14/10/2016 04:00|
I am currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor based in High Wycombe, you must live within 1 hour distance within the High Wycombe area or be willing to relocate. |
You will be reporting to the Commercial Director, the Quantity Surveyor has responsibility for all commercial aspects on a number of projects, particularly income and expenditure in order to maximise profit margins and monitor budgets. You will be based in the office 3-4 days a week.
• Prepare project budgets
• Check and administer project contracts
• Measure project to check quantities against tender allowances
• Prepare tender documents for any sub contract works and specialist suppliers
• Set budgets and raise payments for subcontract labour
• Manage variations as they occur
• Produce fortnightly cost reports for clients
• Ensure an awareness of key responsibilities under the contract
• Ensure regular agreement of site instructions with the client
• Ensure payments are received on time in accordance with the contractual payment terms
• Ensure retention monies are released when due
• Prepare the final account
• Negotiate and agree final accounts within parameters set by Line Manager
• Prepare monthly Cost Value Reports
• Qualified to a degree level within construction OR 5 years experience at intermediate level
• Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor at intermediate level
• Ability to deal with people at all levels - both clients and suppliers
• Valid UK driving licence
• Knowledge and experience of fit-outs and refurbishments (preferable)
• Background of glazed partitioning, dry lining, façades, metal work, roofing/cladding, joinery or any similar specialist sub-contractor industry
• Working knowledge of JCT 2005 & JCT 2011 contracts with and without Design Portion, D&B, Fixed Price and any NEC form of contracts
• Experience working within the fast track fit out industry as a specialist contractor
• CSCS Card holder (preferable)
• Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Union Square (preferable)
Please note the above requirements are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated. Applicants without the above experience will not be considered. Please only apply for this position if you have the above experience.
This Quantity surveyor role is paying between £40k-£55k depending on experience plus generous package.
Senior Quantity surveyors will also be considered for this role, but please note the salary will not exceed £55k plus package.
Contact Kaylie Colby