|Job Ref:||203998165||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Rushden||Address:||Post Code:||SG9||Post Date:||08/10/2016 02:08|
The Role - Senior Technical Engineer|
Wykes Engineering is a progressive company with a strong proven background in renewable energy systems, waste process solutions and heavy industrial plant and machinery. We can offer an exciting and stable career within a varied working atmosphere and the opportunity to develop your career within a friendly working environment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Senior Technical Engineer will sit alongside a number of experienced engineers, but will be expected to have significant, standalone technical ability and knowledge to grow quickly into a diverse field of engineering.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to join a successful business within a growing industry. The role requires a candidate who is passionate about engineering, driven by improving processes within a business and be a self starter possessing a will to succeed.
- Responsible for ensuring the design, specification and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment and applications in order to achieve/maintain customer specification and requirements.
- Application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in a range of areas of technical responsibility.
- Working to deadlines, meeting specifications/cost whilst ensuring quality is not being compromised.
- Minimum; Degree in Mechanical Process.
- Significant experience in technically challenging heavy mechanical engineering processes.
- Significant senior level, hands on experience in process, mechanical and/or energy systems design and calculation is a pre-requisite. This can include office and field experience.
- A strong field of knowledge in Energy systems with design and process knowledge of heat, steam, gases and liquids to include boiler systems, fan systems, pump systems, cooling systems, fuels processes and air characteristics.
- Mechanical design knowledge to include power transmissions, material, pipework and vessels.
- Experience of commercial, contracts, H/S, management and field experience will be beneficial.
- To have the ability and experience to evaluate and calculate mathematically the necessary engineering formulae and tabulations to reach practical solutions, in the areas of energy recovery systems, mechanical and process design.
Competitive within industry
To apply for or to find out more about this exciting opportunity please forward the following criteria:
Full name and Location
Covering letter, CV application and salary expectation