|Job Ref:||204013369||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:08|
• Creation of the bid package in line with company and customer requirements.
• Maintain records of WIP, failed and won bid packages.
• Work in conjunction with Sales, Customer Services, Program Management, Purchasing and Finance to support customer quotation requests to tight and aggressive deadlines in a dynamic cost estimating environment.
• Effective escalation of threats or blockers to the bid submission.
• Communication with all levels of management and external suppliers.
• Active recording of 'Lessons Learnt' to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the bidding process.
• Identify improvement activities to drive the Estimating processes towards consistent best practice.
• Gain personal skills and experience to reduce reliance on internal / external staff for the creation of bids.
• Become proficient in the use of all relevant Estimating Software or spreadsheets.
Must have extensive knowledge of technical sales, estimation , purchasing and special projects and have an Aerospace background.
BTEC Diploma or higher in Engineering related subject (Or Equivient)
Experience of constructing bid packages in an aerospace manufacturing Environment.
The company is a well respected and known manufacturer of components and sub assemblies and holds an international reputation in industries including aerospace and power for the innovative work they deliver. They have numerous industry specific approvals, including ISO9001:2008, AS9100, ISO14001:2004 and NADCAP