|Job Ref:||204024128||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£55000 - £60000/annum Car Allowance, Pension, Healthcare||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
Mechanical Project Manager |
£55,000 - £60,000 a year plus car allowance, pension and healthcare
Our client is a well established M&E contractor with a great reputation for the delivery of mechanical and electrical installation projects on behalf of its clients. The company work within the commercial, education and health sectors on projects ranging from £500K to £3 million.
Thus is a great opportunity to join an ambitious and expanding company that can provide a clear career path to contracts manager and onto senior management for the right people. They have a very low staff turnover due to a company ethos of looking after the people that work for them and providing both personal and career development opportunities.
The company are looking for a Project Manager who is capable of ensuring that projects run smoothly, within budget and to deadline. The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to produce project plans, supervise installation teams and subcontractors on-site plus managing the health and safety procedures.
• Attend pre-order tender meetings with the Estimating team and clients representatives.
• Produce a materials, subcontractor, installation, procurement and drawing programme to accord with installation and specification requirements under the direction of a Contracts Manager.
• Attend all contract site meetings including preparation of reports required by client and professional teams.
• Respond to all correspondence and communications in writing recording key aspects.
• Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and fully implemented at site level and take appropriate action where individuals do not comply with the company's health and safety policies and procedures.
• Organise the testing and commissioning of installations, together with the completion of the commissioning manual, prior to handover.
• Proven track record of project delivery within an M&E contracting company
• An overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of Mechanical systems and their
• The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
• Good people management and motivational skills.
• The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
• A good knowledge of all aspects of health and safety within the industry and the ability to
implement control measures at site level.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a client facing environment
Please contact Ian Farr on (Apply online only) for more information on this and other M&E project manager roles