|Job Ref:||204136103||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South West||Address:||Salary:||£47000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:58|
OPERATIONS ENGINEER - South West/Midlands |
Our client is fully accredited as part of the National Electricity Registration Scheme and seeking an
Operations Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will possess a sound knowledge of HV and LV distribution networks and the apparatus and cables used in construction.
The Operations Engineer role provides a vital monitoring, support and auditing function to the construction teams, to assist in completing projects to DNO specifications and customer satisfaction.
The role involves travelling to various sites and can occasionally require overnight stays, so the successful Candidate would be flexible in this respect
• Pre-commissioning of LV and HV plant and cables
• HV/LV IR and Continuity Testing of Switchgear (DC/AC)
• HV/LV IR, Continuity & Sheath Testing of Cables (DC/AC/VLF)
• Primary & Secondary Injection Testing of Protection Systems (Fuse and Relay based)
• CT/VT Continuity, Magnetisation Curve, Polarity and Ratio Tests
• Completion of Internal and DNO specific test and record forms
• Attending DNO Audits and Witnessed Testing
• Completion of Installation Quality Audits on projects and provision of reports and Action Logs to Construction Project Managers.
• Provision of Technical Support to Project Managers and Craft Teams.
• Operational Duties (LV/HV) for Energisation of installed networks.
• Other duties, in line with business needs, as required by the Technical & Operations Manager.
Previous experience in the utility sector in a similar role
ONC/HNC, or higher, level of qualification
Previous DNO/iDNO LV or HV Operational Authorisation
Previous experience of testing and commissioning
An understanding of at least basic LV/HV protection systems