|Job Ref:||204429039||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:48|
ROLE DEFINITION: Design Coordinator-Setter Out |
REPORTS TO: Lead Design Co-ordinator / Senior Operations Manager
To provide a full design coordination service for each contract including production of working drawings and administration of contract documentation associated with the design and manufacturing function.
• To manage setting out and design coordination activities in general including:
Ø Receiving handover information from estimating dept. on new contracts
Ø Obtaining customer/architect design intent information
Ø Liaison with client representatives to finalise design intent
Ø Produce working drawings from design intent
Ø Issue and administer all drawing approvals and construction issue documents for production
Ø Prepare material cutting sheets for production
Ø Co-ordination of drawings and assembly details with Denne site fixers.
Ø Provide effective communication and feedback information to all relevant.
• To undertake site surveys where required.
• Attend meetings with clients / architects / designers to discuss the contract and design requirements
• To liaise with sub-contract representative(s) / manufacturers & site installers where required to ensure the supply chain has a full and correct understanding of our requirements
• To respond to on-site urgent / non-urgent requirements and facilitate effective problem solving to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise site fixing time.
• To be aware of client and site rules, works risk and health & safety regulations when preparing working drawings.
• To ensure full compliance with statutory legislation, company and department procedures and guidelines.
• To ensure Company policies and standards are maintained at all times along with commercial awareness and a strong commitment towards quality and customer service.
• To ensure all department documentation is completed accurately and in accordance with company policy ensuring that all documentation is finished within the required time.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by your Line Management.
Issue of drawings and cutting sheets in accordance with programme (Cutting Sheet Schedule)
Internal Customer Satisfaction
On time Completion of Cutting Sheets
Production/Site Feedback on appropriate design for requirements
Quality drawings - sufficient information for manufacture
LINKS AND INTERFACES:
Lead Design Co-ordinator
Architects & Clients
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Joinery experience - Apprentice trained to City and Guilds
• AutoCAD knowledge
• IT- Outlook and excel spread sheets
• Good written & oral communication skills
• Presentation of ideas visually and verbally