|Job Ref:||204433269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Royston||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Post Date:||07/10/2016 04:20|
If you're an experienced Senior Embedded Software Engineer who would like to join an exciting team based in Royston, we'd like to hear from you! You'll have excellent software architecture and coding skills and a broad appreciation of other disciplines enabling you to be a very effective team player in a multidisciplinary development environment. You'll be given the opportunity to contribute to some of the newest and most exciting technology advances in the life sciences industry. You'll get involved with project planning, software architecture development, writing code, and client management. Typical projects are agile and multidisciplinary, often involving close-knit teams of scientists and engineers. As an example, a typical software system might involve control of biology, fluidics, dynamic mechanisms, optics and high-speed signal processing. You'll have excellent academic credentials and will enjoy creating elegant and simple solutions to complex technical challenges. This is a client facing role, requiring strong communication and interpersonal skills.|
What We're Looking For:
* Curiosity, imagination and creativity.
* Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* At least 5 years experience developing embedded software in a commercial, ideally regulated software development environment.
* You will have designed and debugged driver code for SPI, I2C, DMA, interrupts etc.
* You will have debugged basic electronics circuits and will be familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analysers and other similar test equipment.
* You will be experienced in analysing customer needs and recommending appropriate embedded technology solutions including selection of microcontroller families and the design of control algorithms, communications protocols, user interfaces, etc.
* Fluent in C and at least one other language such as C#, C or Java.
* Familiarity with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304 with experience of all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle from requirements elicitation to software validation.
* Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, QNX, Linux.
* Any experience (or potential) for project leadership would be a distinct advantage.
* .NET and Visual Studio; scripting language e.g. Python.
* GUI design and implementation