|Job Ref:||204437640||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gloucester||Address:||Post Code:||GL1||Salary:||£30000 - £33000/annum +Door to door, OT & SB Payments||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:10|
Industrial Refrigeration Engineer / Service Engineer|
Our leading specialist client need a new Industrial Refrigeration Engineer for the South West region.
Preferably Technicians should be time served & qualified with at least 5 years experience as a Service Engineer (working on heavy commercial / industrial plant), They should also possess a high degree of electrical/mechanical competency.
Specific duties -
Carry out service and maintenance work to large scale industrial refrigeration equipment and professionally complete all necessary paperwork.
• Partake in a 24 hour 7 day week call out rota system.
• Help with training and the advancement of less experienced engineers.
• Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
• Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
• Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
• Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
• Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system.
• Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
• Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
• Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system.
• Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system
• Install expansion and control valves, using acetylene torches and wrenches.
• Mount compressor, condenser and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand tools and acetylene welding equipment.
Fault finding on refrigeration controls
Knowledge of refrigerants used in this sector - Ammonia (Nh3), Glycol & freon based systems (any C02 is an advantage)
Equipment knowledge -
Large cold storage areas, DX units, blast freezers, spiral freezers, water chillers, large packs, etc
The preferred job holder will match the following requirements:
• Safe Handling of Refrigerants certificate in either City & Guilds or valid CITB
• F GAS certificate - City & Guilds (2079) or CITB
• NVQ Level 2 Small Commercial Refrigeration and Air conditioning systems
• NVQ Level 3 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems
• Good practical / hands on skills
• Ability to follow technical drawings, building plans, and other instructions
• Ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
• Ability to measure accurately
• A head for heights and be prepared to work in all sorts of weather
• Willing to work in confined spaces
• Presentable with a pleasant manner
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A good team player but also has the ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to adapt to change
• Good problem solving skills
Industrial Service Engineers will be based in the South West (Somerset, Dorset, Devon, etc), with the ideal location being Exeter, although the client is very flexible on this!
Salary is around the £30-33K mark, plus travel time, overtime, standby & call outs