|Job Ref:||204440516||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:16|
We are SCC - Specialist Computer Centres - Europe's leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre as a SCCM Engineer. |
This role will focus on designing, documenting, implementing and support of all SCCM builds within the secure platform. The position will sit in 3rd line support reporting into the Sentinel Technical Manager, with a key focus on delivery of new projects to new accounts.
• Design and delivery of end to end SCCM solutions.
• BAU support of the SCCM estate - Troubleshoot and own incidents, problems and issues as they arise. Perform detailed root cause analysis as necessary.
• Providing third level escalation support within SCC for SCCM queries
• Proactive SCCM maintenance and health check for all customer bases
• Produce and maintain customer technology roadmaps - for SCCM
• Responsibility for packaging and automatic deployment of software and system updates using Microsoft SCCM 2012 r2
• SME for SCCM with SCC
• Creation and maintenance of all SCCM related documents
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills
• General technical awareness of hardware and software desktop environments and corporate structures
• Professional and presentable at all times
Skills Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working on large enterprise SCCM managed estates. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with an agile attitude and a logical/methodical approach, able to handle work with multiple customers and projects. Candidate should have experience of working in a large scale solution provider environment, with a rapidly expanding customer base.
• 5yrs minimum experience of administering SCCM
• Experience of working and delivering to large scale high value project streams
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure related subjects
• Proven track record of working with 3rd party customers and suppliers in a design, project and support perspective
• System Centre Configuration Manager 2012 R2
• Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
• Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP)
• Windows 7, 8, 10
• Scripting skills including PowerShell
• Methodical and technically minded with strong focus on high quality standards and excellent attention to detail
• Design, documentation skills
• Proven experience of having good fault finding and troubleshooting skills
• Experience of working in a cloud based organisation
• MCSE/MCP qualification
• Active directory management experience
• Experience in administering group policy
• Good knowledge of Microsoft office products and patching
• NA. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
• VMware exposure
Why work @ SCC?
We know that our people make us possible - and we reward hard work. As an SCC employee you will have access to a range of benefits, just for being part of the team.
As part of the Rigby Group PLC, We are able to offer inter-company privileges and corporate reward schemes to each of our people. Plus discounts and salary sacrifice options. In fact, our benefits make it easy for you to maintain an healthy work/life balance - and save a little bit of money along the way.
If your interested in this new opportunity please email your CV today