|Job Ref:||204397975||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Clevedon||Address:||Post Code:||BS21||Salary:||£29000 - £33000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:52|
BMR Solutions have a number of opportunities available for Mechanical Designers. Our client is a large engineering / manufacturing company based in the Clevedon, Somerset area.|
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £29,000 - £33,000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Clevedon, Somerset
The Mechanical Design Engineering role will involve:
Working within a team alongside Engineers, Electrical Engineers and other Designers to deliver designs and drawings varying from concept to full production machines. You will need to work with various other departments including Documentation, Technology, Purchasing, Operations, Quality and Manufacturing. Project teams will vary in size from 5 to 20 people, none of which are direct reports. You will report to a Manager / Project Leader for day to day activities and also a functional manager.
* Prepare designs / drawings for products / components for fit, form and function so that the product operates effectively, reliably and safely.
* Produce designs / drawings of products / components that can be manufactured efficiently and economically.
* Ensure high quality designs and drawings are produced to the relevant standards.
* Work within company processes and procedures.
* Good understanding of Engineering Change processes, and appreciation of knock-on effect change has to other departments.
* Delivery of quality information to allow the creation of Manuals, Spares lists, Bills of Materials and any other input required by 'customers' (i.e. including 'internal' customers - Operations, Purchasing etc.).
* Develop an understanding of manufacturing methods and processes used by company and ensure these are related to designs.
* Work within timescales set by the Project Leader / Manager and communicate all issues or delays.
* Where required support any quality process improvement projects.
* Work in a safe and effective manner in compliance with the Company's Health and Safety policy and ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are met.
Education / Experience / Skills:
* Good mechanically biased Engineering degree or other engineering qualification depending on experience.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant design role.
* Proficient in 3D CAD software, experience using CATIA.
* Knowledge of BS 8888.
* Understanding of Piping and Instrumentation diagrams and system schematics is preferred.
* Good design discipline and approach.
* Good understanding of manufacturing processes, and being able to produce designs that are efficient and economical.
* Good teamwork, customer/peer interaction and communication skills.
* Should be self-managing and motivated.
* Positive attitude and ability to work under pressure.
* Previous experience of Product Data Management Software would be an advantage.
* Generate detailed designs from engineering specifications for a variety of company systems.
Minimum document set to be produced include:
* Update of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams.
* Accurate Bills of Materials.
* Component Selection Criteria.
* General Assembly Design drawings.
* Bespoke component drawings.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency