|Job Ref:||204400442||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£300 - £430/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:52|
Software Developer - C#/(url removed)/MVC/SQL Server/Agile - Portsmouth - Initial 3 month contract - Paying up to £430 per day depending upon experience|
To design, develop and maintain enterprise calibre software for internet and mobile channels.
Working in a growing team of developers the incumbent will utilise their experience of large and small operations to deliver a range of software products for a diverse group of customers. You will be working on two really exciting projects and new product development.
The role would suit a delivery focused individual with broad knowledge of the Microsoft stack. The nature of solutions will range from highly available ecommerce applications for regulated entities to desktop and mobile applications.
• Collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams to define, design and deliver robust and maintainable software.
• Calling on solid, real world experience of the Microsoft platform, contribute to architectural design decisions and route maps.
• Interact with business clients of all levels to elucidate requirements and propose pragmatic solutions which add business value.
• Experienced in user interface design principles and client side development frameworks and standards, including JQuery, CSS3, HTML5
• Adjusts communication style to suit the ambient environment.
• Working knowledge of modern design techniques, including: domain driven design, standard design patterns, Test Driven Development (TDD), unit testing, SOLID principles.
• Be familiar with software delivery tools and processes for concurrent development and be proficient in source code management practices.
• Be familiar with a range of agile practices and positively contribute to collaborative working processes.
• Exposure to a wide range of development languages and tools including highly structured and strongly typed languages.
• Be proficient with relational database design principles for highly available financial solutions.
• Can perform Database administration functions on Microsoft SQL, server 2008 and above.
• Proficient with performance tuning and monitoring on SQL server.
• Proficient with SOA practices and tools, including WCF, SOAP etc.
• Experienced in deployment and configuration management activities.
• C#, (url removed) MVC - Essential, certification desirable
• SQL Server 2008 and above - Essential, certification desirable
• Object Orientated design - Essential
• Agile methodologies - Essential, certification desirable
• Git/Mercurial - Preferred
• Entity Framework - Desirable
• SSRS - Desirable
• Analysis services - Desirable
• Continuous Integration, e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy - Desirable