|Job Ref:||204412984||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:49|
Position: Commercial Manager|
Salary: Excellent remuneration package on offer
My client are one of the United Kingdom's largest main contractor that covers a variety of sectors across the construction industry. They have an annual turnover of over £1bn and employee over 2000 people and are able to boast a history of working on some of the country's most prestigious and iconic projects.
This role is based in Redhill working in their Southern office. The work conducted out of this office will mainly focus in new build residential projects varying from £5-£70m pounds in value
They are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to work in an office based role overseeing a variety of residential projects. Initially you will be overseeing four New Build residential projects that my client have won over the last few months. There will be a senior or quantity surveyor running each project reporting directly into you.
Your responsibility will include but not be limited to the following;
• You will take responsibility for both winning work and operational delivery of projects
• Demonstrate a good understanding of traditional and modern methods of construction
• Ensure the commercial function within the business unit effectively supports the operational teams in the implementation of H & S policies
• Regularly reviews and provides guidance and challenge on strategic project and business unit objectives
• Ensure the delivery of high quality commercial reports to the client on time.
• Undertake ownership and accountability for delivering key aspects of the supply chain strategy
• To develop highly talented and motivated commercial teams and excellent relationships with other business functions, customers, consultants and the supply chain
My Client are offering a highly competitive salary, bonus scheme, 26 days holiday, car allowance, travel to site, great career prospects. The projects are new build projects although previous residential experience is not essential.
The successful individual will be highly motivated and ambitious, with a strong work ethic, an incisive mind and will be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen. They will be degree educated and will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills as well as the ability to work under pressure and produce results. Previous experience working on residential projects is desired but not essential.
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on (Apply online only) or alternatively please send in a CV