|Job Ref:||204413337||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Central London||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:17|
Our client, a specialist design & project management consultancy, have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their expanding project delivery team. |
Working alongside a Director, the role will suit those candidates with experience in fit-out and refurbishment in the food & beverage and retail environments. Day to day you will be managing fit outs (concurrently) of various national and international clients whilst maintaining programme, costs and quality.
Key responsibilities - Pre fit-out Management
• Assess initial design proposals from a build perspective.
• Preparation and issue of the Critical path analysis for all major activities.
• Carry out a detailed review of scope of works offering value engineering solutions as appropriate.
• Select contractors for inclusion on project tender list based upon ability, resource and current workload.
• Prepare and issue tender documentation, analyse upon return and make recommendations to the client.
• Appoint Contractors.
• Ensure pre construction phased H&S plan is in place and F10 issued.
• Ensure design approval and monitor progression of drawings through to construction issue ensuring timely issue to project team.
• Coordinating information to formulate retail fit-out proposals; arranging client/tenant/landlord/Local authority approvals.
• Ongoing liaison with landlord/developer to ensure smooth flow of required information.
• Identify all the key activities to be undertaken and recommend/advise/inform on programme duration.
• Reviewing and agreeing works programme, application of relevant regulations and special conditions, e.g. access and interface with any other working parties or specific centre/site requirements.
• Monitoring compliance with regulations (statutory, and local authority)
• Constantly reviewing information required.
• Update the programme as required.
• Manage the contract procurement phase, ensure all tasks undertaken for long lead items, fixtures and contractor resources.
• Review progress associated with lead-in, and pre-start activities
• Monitor the project brief, programme and budget in association with the team.
• Regular update reports to the client.
Fit-out on site Management
• Monitor and report on key milestone activities and phases.
• Co-ordinate information requirements, monitor time, cost and programme with project team(s).
• Monitor client/tenant/landlord requirements throughout the retail fit-out works.
• Ensure compliance with all contractual provisions and manage the contract procurement phase.
• Manage cost throughout the project duration, value engineering where necessary, continually looking to optimise value for money.
• Chair all design team and contract meetings, chair regular site progress meetings.
• Issue all contract instructions.
• Monitor actual programme against planned.
• Manage all issues of information against contractor's information requirements (Information Required Schedules).
• Report on project in respect of cost, programme and quality.
• On-going liaison with landlord/developer to ensure smooth flow of project.
• Monitor performance of contractors.
• Ensure current CDM regulations are adhered to and report on any issues arising.
• Ensure actual progress matches or beats planned programme dates.
• Control change by identifying all consequences of potential changes, effects on progress, reliability, costs timescale etc., before giving consent or other instruction.
• Schedule all outstanding, snagging and additional items of works at practical completion agreeing with client and contractor completion dates for all items.
Post retail fit-out Project Management
• Ensure all phases are handed over on time and completed within the authorised expenditure.
• Monitoring the testing and commissioning of all major plant and services equipment plus ensuring staff training in this area.
• Arrange and chair defects meeting.
• Monitor completion of all works post practical completion.
• Agree timetable for conclusion of all final accounts for both contract and direct order items.
• Monitor progress on all final account issues in line with agreed timetable.
• Ensure retail project is fully completed.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a complimentary professional background preferably within a UK property consultancy. you should also have a minimum of 2/3 years Project Management experience to date.
You should hold a relevant construction project management degree (BSc or MSc) and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage construction projects independently. A professional surveying membership or APM membership would be highly desirable.
In return, our client can offer you a progressive role with excellent promotional opportunities.
Starting salary c£40-45k + benefits.
At mjhr it's simple. Outstanding client relations and recruitment expertise, choose the experts... we make things happen. If you have the necessary skills to meet this specification, drop us a line for a confidential chat on (Apply online only)